One of the significant environmental problems of our time is chemical pollution of the environment.
Types of chemical pollution
- primary - chemical pollutants are formed due to natural and anthropogenic processes;
- secondary - occurs as a result of physico-chemical processes.
People have been caring for the preservation of the ecological situation for several decades, including the developed countries of the world implementing state programs to improve the state of the environment. So over the past 20-30 years, the number of sources of chemical pollution, which is now inferior to radiation, has been significantly reduced. And, nevertheless, today it is still necessary to protect nature from pollution by chemical substances. In addition, the state of chemical pollution in different states differs in degree of intensity.
People encounter chemical compounds both at home and when working in industrial enterprises. Some of them negatively affect human health, especially if they accumulate in large quantities. In this regard, you need to carefully use powders, detergents and cleaners, bleaches, food additives and others.
Varieties of chemical pollution
One way or another, in the body of various living creatures in small quantities there are chemical elements. If they come with food, water or air in a significant number, then this can poison the body, and even lead to its death. Using some trace elements in reasonable doses (vitamin complexes), they will positively affect health. The body benefits from zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, etc.
Chemical pollution infects different parts of the biosphere, so it is appropriate to distinguish the following types of pollution:
- atmospheric - air condition deterioration in cities and industrial zones;
- pollution of buildings, structures, residential and industrial facilities;
- contamination and alteration of food by chemical additives;
- pollution of the hydrosphere - groundwater and surface water, as a result, which gets into the water supply, is used as drinking;
- pollution of the lithosphere - during tillage by agrochemistry.
Chemical pollution of the planet is somewhat inferior to other types of pollution, but it does no less damage to people, animals, plants and all living things. The control and proper use of chemicals will help reduce the threat of this environmental problem.